Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and joint pain

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Im having severe muscle ache, joint pain, abdominal cramp, fever 38.4 C. From last night
NB: period was also started yesterday which was 6 days late.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear!

Muscle ache, joint pain and high fever may be symptoms of an infection, more possible a viral infection (most common influenza-virus).

Hence use paracetamol or ibuprofen every 4 to 6 hours in a day and use much liquids in your diet (water, chicken soups, fruits and vegetables) and rest, to relieve these symptoms.

Delay periods can be from excess stress (infection) of your body, creating hormonal imbalance.
Abdominal cramps may be from contraction of your uterus while you are menstruating or from infection.
But after you will take paracetamol or ibuprofen you will be relieved .

All the best and fast recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj