Suggest treatment for a lump in the stomach

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: when i exercise my stomach muscle a lump shows up i middle of my stomach when i raise up what is
that?
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
that is probably an umbilical hernia.

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to health care magic, that is probably an umbilical hernia. There is a muscle called Rectus abdominus in the centre of the abdomen. As we age or if we put on weight, this muscle separates. Whenever there is pressure, intestines bulge out through it. This is temporary as during exercise. But later it can become permanent.
An easy operation to resect the bulging part, and put a mesh in can correct this. Please consult your doctor.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Geeta Sundar 12 hours later
THANK YOU
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You're welcome!

Detailed Answer:
You're welcome!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj