Suggest treatment for a bump on the penile shaft

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I always shave below and sometimes against the hair on my shaft of my penis. I masterbate at least 3 or 4 times a day and I do have a sex partner. Few days after my hernia surgery I went to masterbate with some lube and that's when I noticed this single bump on my penis shaft. I would have to say it's the same color as the skin and everything. No pain or anything. At first it looked like a ingrown hair but I could be wrong. Not sure. I continued with my few days and shaved and I did get a ingrown hair slightly next to it. I could see the small piece of the hair I tried pulling out. But gave up and let it be.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist and venereologist).

I request you to kindly upload an image in "Reports Section" so that i am able to guide you better.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 9 minutes later
don't mind the redness that appeared after I was scrubbing the area off in the shower from the prior ointment.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eroded lesion happened by itself? or trauma caused it?

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you

I can see a small eroded lesion / raw lesion for which I could keep a possibility of genital herpes but I am not sure whether you caused the erosion by trauma or did it develop itself?
The second lesion which is beside the eroded lesion seems like a raised/ hypertrophic scar from previous ingrown hair Or it could be a small accumulation of sebaceous content i.e probably a small cyst.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
which mark are you looking at? one was a ingrown hair I tried to pull out and I didn't have good success. the other one is the white ish lump
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clarification

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

The whitish lump is likely a healed scar from previous ingrown hair - your primary concern.
The other one is with a hair in its center seems like an erosion in this Image which I could consider genital herpes

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 8 minutes later
the first picture on the left is the one with the whitish lump. is that what you are speaking about that maybe a ingrown hair? & the other one I noticed a hair in and tried to rip it out with tweezers and just ended up ripping half of the hair out. didn't get it from the base of the hair. I was concerned about the whitish lump since I know the other one had a hair in it.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Healed scar probably from a previous ingrown hair

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Yes i am talking about the whitish bump to the left in the first image. It seems like a healed scar tissue probably from a previous ingrown hair. It must be firm to palpation.