What treatment is suggested for hypertrophic scar on forehead?

I have a hypertrophic scar on my forehead I m 15 now and I got it when I was 5 after an injury. I ve always been really insecure about it especially when I have to clip up my bangs for school people will ask me what s with my scar and I ve been made fun of that my scar looks like a worm back in primary 6, since last I ve been scratching it and sure it got wounded I didn t want to do it either but I couldn t take anymore comments about my scar so I tried scratching it off I knew it wouldn t work and it got worse I don t what to do anymore I can t take injections or surgery I just feel like cutting of that ugly piece of scar.. please help
Tue, 31 Dec 2019

You can consult a dermatologist and opt for steroid injection (intralesional triamcinolone injection) which shows promising results. Always keep in mind that there is a chance for recurrence with every treatment option.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician

Recent questions on Hypertrophic scar

Hello, You can consult a dermatologist and opt for steroid injection (intralesional triamcinolone injection) which shows promising results. Always keep in mind that there is a chance for recurrence with every treatment option. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Take care Regards, Dr. Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician