Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

149 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Does the following report suggest basal cell carcinoma?

Answered by
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 3745 Questions

Posted on Sat, 18 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Do you think this is basal cell carcinoma? white indented scar-like spot with partial blistering around border. It itches as well!
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't look like basal cell carcinoma

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,

I have reviewed the attached photograph though it is not very clear.
It doesn't look like basal cell carcinoma.

What is the duration and site of this lesion ?
How did it start ?
Is it associated with pain, burning or other symptoms ?
Is just a single lesion present or are they multiple ?

Kindly revert back with the answers so that I can guide you further.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 days later
I'm not sure of the duration, but I think I noticed it a few months ago. I'm not sure how it started or what you mean by that and there is no pain or burning but it is itchy occasionally. There are actually two that I have noticed, one is located above my left side labia majora and there is also one in the same place but on the right side. However, the one in the picture does have some partial red blistering the other one does not it just looks like a somewhat circular white spot like the top layer of the skin is gone which is why the pigmentation is lighter I guess. I will upload a new picture of the one you said was blurry.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be atrophic scar with hypertrophic margin

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the newly attached photographs and still feel that it doesn't look like basal cell carcinoma.
It is looking like an atrophic scar possibly to some unnoticed folliculitis or injury associated with a hypertrophic scar around the margin.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to use a silicon based gel on the scar twice daily for 4-6 weeks and if it doesn't show much improvement consult a doctor and get it examined clinically.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 14 hours later
Is there a specific name for the gel that I could get and can I get it myself or would I need a prescription? I'm sorry the photos look so blurry on here, they look clear on my phone.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kelocote gel or Contratubex gel or Scarend silicon gel

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

You can use Kelocote gel or contratubex gel or Scarend silicon gel.
I think these should be available as prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 22 minutes later
Well in your previous answer you said to use the gel and if there is no improvement then go see a doctor about it so I figured there would be something I could get without seeing a doctor because I'm sure they wont just give me prescriptions they would want to do an examination of the problem. What kind of doctor should I see because it is in my vulva area but its also a skin problem
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult a dermatologist

Detailed Answer:
I am not sure whether silicon basec gels will be available as over the counter medicine in your country.
As far as doctor is concerned you need to consult a dermatologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Hypertrophic scar

doctor1 MD

OKay, so what does this look like to you?

doctor1 MD

I have a Old accident clot in may hand. It happened in 2011 after wound has been healed a skin clot has been generated. Even over the time it has been reduced up to 50%. But still 50% is there. Can you please suggest some medication other than...

doctor1 MD toddler was scalded and suffered deep second degree burns, she developed thick hypertrophic scarring using a compression garment. I thought compression was to prevent thick scarring? WIll she be scarred for life or will the scarring noticably improve?