Suggest treatment for PCOS

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi sir,previously my wife suffered with pcos,after 6 months regular periods doctor planned for IUI,today(Oct 10 th) is 13th day doctor prescribed hmg 150 iu inj & alivher es 2mg tablets today,and he said he will do iui on 16 the day (13 Oct)and previously on 7 the day(4 oct)doctor gave her hmg 150 iu inj ,is this correct process? I heard that hcg inj will give before iui ,which is correct process?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes this is a right process.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concerns.

Yes, HCG is given before IUI.

You doctor is following the right way to stimulate ovulation.

HMG can be given once or twice before the scheduled day of ovulation.

You can trust your doctor and go ahead.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 days later
Hi sir,what is success rate of iui? What precautions I have to take after iui?

Sir today I went to doctor for iui, but he prescribed hcg inj,and he said tomorrow he I'll do iui,but tomorrow is 17th day,is it works? I heard that iui will done between 12-16 days
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
IUI should work on day 17

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can certainly understand your concerns.

Success rate of IUI is is around 70-80%.

Yes it will certainly work tomorrow-day 17 as well since a prior HCG is given.

Here are some tips for a successful IUI.

1.Refrain from strenuous activities immediately after insemination, as they may cause uterine contractions that could interfere with implantation.

2. DO have intercourse after insemination, unless your doctor specifically tells you otherwise.

3.Things like walking, yoga or Pilates are great.

4.Whole foods including fruits, veggies, and whole grains.

5.Full fat dairy through milk, yogurt, or cheese.

6. Adequate water.

7.Good protein from nuts, veggies, and lean, organic meats.

8.Take a daily multivitamin.

9.Long walks, yoga, support groups, or simply good conversations with close friends are all ways to de-stress.

Post your further queries.
Thank you.