Suggest treatment for GERD and cough
GERD and Spiriva can produce cough
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD ) can produce cough and wheezing due to reflux of acid into the respiratory tract. Proton pump inhibitor and prokinetic agents like metoclopramide will help in reducing the cough if it's due to GERD.
Cough is also a recognised side effect of Spiriva.
Since the cough started after starting Spiriva, it is likely that the cough is due to the same.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drug treatment for gerd
- What treatment is suggested for gerd
- Suggest treatment for pain due to gerd
- Is dexilant used in the treatment of gerd ?
- Siddha treatment for gerd
- Gerd treatment with junior lanzol
- Chronic gerd high body temperature suggestions for treatment
- Suggest treatment for flair up of gerd
- Gerd cough ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment and cure for stomach gerd