Suggest treatment chapped spot on lip

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a chapped spot on my lip. I picked at it yesterday without realizing. I didn't really think anything of it it wasn't bad. Then when I woke up this morning my lip is swollen there's a heart knot. I'm assuming it's infected, as it's also slightly tender. Is there anything I can do to make it go away quicker?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
NSAID with serratiopeptidase. Dont handle.Antisept

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

I like to advise few steps for faster recovery.
1. Don't handle the lesion. Leave it without pressing or putting any pressure.
2. Clean the area with antiseptic lotions like betadine lotion.
3. NSAID like aceclofenac with serratiopeptidase combination drug will help in reducing the pain and inflammatory swelling.
4. Keep the area cool. Keep drinking water.
These measures will help you in faster recovery.
If you develop fever or if the lesions worsens then need antibiotic treatment.

I hope this information helps you and answered your concern. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you faster recovery and good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D