Suggest the ideal dosage for Verapamil taken for hypertension

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Does verapamil 120 ER taken once a day have to be taken at bedtime? can I take it in the morning instead?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take in the morning

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query

Verapamil is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).

Take this medication by mouth with or without food, usually once daily or as directed by your doctor.

Depending on your specific brand, take this medication either in the morning or at bedtime as directed by your physician.

If you are not taking any other BP reducing tablets in the morning , then you can take this tablet in the morning.

If you have any doubts you are welcome.Otherwise kindly close the thread and rate it

Dr XXXXXXX G Raj
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka G Raj 8 hours later
So it doesn't matter when I take it, just so it's at the same time each day? The post you had, said take on either morning or night depending on manufacturer. ..

I take nortriptyline at night for migarines. I didn't want to take the verapamil at the same time. I also take the verapamil for migraines.

Am I fine just so I take it same time each day or does it have to be in morning or night?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ok take it in the morning

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks again
Yes you can take Tab Verapamil in the morning.But don't keep changing the schedule, if you started taking in the morning, continue in the same schedule.

Dr XXXXXXX G Raj