Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What does my MRI scan report indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 3003 Questions
Questions about what kind of medicine I need to get on for all of my disorders plus high blood pressure I have chronic back pain had MRI showed arthritis in my lower back my left leg is shorter than my right which causes my whole body do I defrag I have carpal tunnel and also fibromyalgia I want to be able to be stable online mental meds and I also take meds for my pain what can I do
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Several medications may be considered.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

Of course there is no single drug for all conditions, but there are medications which aim to alleviate your symptoms. It might have been useful if you provided your full list of medications, what has worked and what not, so that we do not risk mentioning something you may already have tried.
Since what seems to bother you more is the chronic pain, then medication about chronic and neuropathic pain is used. The most common first line medications are antidepressants like amitriptyline, nortriptyline, duloxetine or anticonvulsants like pregabalin, gabapentin. They are used both for chronic arthritis pain as well as fibromyalgia. They may help with carpal tunnel symptoms as well, but the best treatment for carpal tunnel if splinting hasn't worked would be surgery.

As for the blood pressure management, it should be measured regularly and if repeatly above 140/90 that means current medicaiton is not enough, several classes may be added like ACE inhibitors (lisinopril, ramipril), ARB (irbesartan, olmesartan), diuretics, etc. Should discuss their use with your primary physician.

I remain at your disosal for other questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor