Suggest the ideal dosage for Levothyroxine taken for thyroid?
noted your concern.
High TSH indicate that the dose of levothyroxine is not adequate. TSH can also go up (with normal T4) if you miss tablets occasionally or if the absorption is not good. May I ask you if you miss tablets occasionally? Do you keep one hour gap between tablet and food? Levothyroxine should be taken early in the morning at least one hour before food. In addition it is important to store levothyroxine always below 25 degrees away from strong light / sunlight and heat.
If you think, you store tablets in cool and dry place , take tablets everyday as well as keep sufficient gap from food, but still TSH is high, then dose should be increased.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Levothyroxine thyroid drugs
- Will dessicated thyroid medicine help better than levothyroxine
- Thyroid medicine levothyroxine side effects
- Pregnant have thyroid hashimoto taking levothyroxine travelling
- Thyroid med levothyroxine
- Taking levothyroxine thyroid test results are normal any suggestion
- Is it safe to change thyroid medicine synthyroid to levothyroxine
- Levothyroxine thyroid medicine
- Thyroid drug levothyroxine side effects
- Low thyroid medicine levothyroxine