Suggest tests to diagnose ovarian cancer

Posted on Mon, 20 Apr 2015 in Cancer
Question: I think I have cancer. Possibly ovarian. I have a cyst on my ovary. I have had a double mastectomy five years ago. Is the book Tomorrow's Cancer Cures Today, distributed by the Health Sciences Institute a book that has good information? I have to diagnose myself. This is scary. I do not have so many obvious symptoms except my an older, very experienced person would be able to examine me and put the puzzle together.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This book will not help you; I have listed the symptoms for you ma'am

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that this book includes alternative methods and options to treating cancer, also called alternative medicine. It does not concentrate on symptoms and diagnosis.

If you wish to know about symptoms of ovarian cancer, then I can list them for you:

+Weight loss
+Discomfort in the groin and pelvic region
+Constipation or diarrhea; or other changes in bowel habit
+Increased frequency of urination
+Abdominal bloating even when you have not eaten anything
+Changes in appetite, especially feeling full even without eating much

But the most important and effective way of diagnosing ovarian cancer is:

+Physical examination of the genitalia
+Speculum examination
+Digital examination
+Blood test to check CA 125 tumor marker level
+CT scan of the pelvic region

I hope i have explained things in a manner best understood by you ma'am. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan