Suggest remedy to postpone menstruation
1. If I start taking femilon on day 1 of my period which is by 3rd may, then the tables will be over by 24th may. When will I get my next period. I read somewhere that it will happen within 2 to 7 days after we stop taking tablets. If so my period may occur anytime between 26th may to 30th may, which I don't want please suggest what to do
2. Can I start taking tablet after 15 days I.e., from 18th may, so that the tablets will end by 8th Jun
3. Or can I start taking femilon on day 1 of my period and after 21 days, can I start next strips without any gap
4. My doctor advised to take the tablet in the night. Please advise if I take it on 1st night of period day,then the bleeding will be stopped immediately or how it works
withdrawal method advised
Hello dear I understand your problem.
You can try following two options -
1) take femilon from day 1 of periods and then stop them on 20th may and discard the remaining 3 tablets.
You will get periods in 2-5 days and will be free by 28th may.
2) start taking tablet norethisterone 5 mg twice a day from 25th may till 5 XXXXXXX and in leaving the tablets you will get periods in 2-7 days.
In either method there is nothing to worry.
Taking the pills in continuous fashion is not a good option as it can cause irregular periods due to breakthrough bleeding which will not be a good option.
Stating pills in mid cycle (18th may as you said) will not help as it can also cause irregular periods.
Starting pills on day 1 of periods will reduce the flow but won't stop it.
You will get your normal period duration with slightly decreased flow
Wish you a very happy married life ahead.
take it till 20th
No dear don't stop them too early as it will disrupt ovulation and even cause irregular cycles or bleeding.
Most of the patients get their periods within 3 days of stopping the drug so don't worry about it you will be surely free by 28th may.
But in case you want to enjoy the pre wedding rituals in a proper non pregnant state then take tablet norethisterone instead as I told you in our previous discussion.
But in my opinion better is to take these oral pulls and stop on 20th so that you have a full month of enjoyment without periods.
No you cannot take norethisterone in case you don't get your periods by 25th (though very very less chances of the same.
Taking these oral pills at night will help in tiding over the nausea and irritability caused by pills in some patients as increase in hormone levels occur during sleep time so symptoms in day time and thus good compliance.
So take it as advised and let's hope for the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Norethindrone acetate for postponing menstruation
- Primolut nor postpone menstruation
- I have irregular menstruation suggest me the remedy
- Ayurvedic tablet to postpone menstruation
- Deviry for postponing menstruation
- Reduced menstruation with lumps ultrasound suggested remedy
- Norethisterone dosing to postpone menstruation
- Norethisterone postpone menstruation
- Ayurvedic remedies to postpone menstruation
- Postpone menstruation trinessa