Suggest remedy for swelling on the upper eyelids

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My upper eyelids have been swollen == first the right eye, now the left. The edema goes across the entire eyelid and up to the eyebrow. I do not have nasal discharge, but I do have a frontal headache. I tried Sudafed with no results. This is day 2--the left eye just started swelling 4 hours ago. I haven't eaten anything out the ordinary.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These can be because of side effect of the drug Liptor.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care Magic

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.

I reviewed your history.
Liptor can sometimes cause the side effects of pufiness of face, swelling of the eyelids, sore throat...
These occur in people who are sensitive to the drug liptor.

Hence in your case I think these symptoms are caused by the drug Liptor.

You need to continue the Benadryl which is an anti-allergic and need to do cold compression.

Since this has probably occurred because of side effect to the drug Liptor, you need to consult your doctor for examination and prescription of alternative drug to Liptor.
If possible do send me a photo of the affected eyes so that I can confirm the diagnosis and advice you accordingly.

Hope this answers your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards
Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist