Suggest remedy for swelling in mucous membrane of lower lip

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hai sir,
Recently I observed some swelling ( like balls ) in the mucous membrane of my lower lips before 1 month
I consult with ENT ( 3 persons ) and oral & maxiofacial surgeon also, they replied me that it is normal mucous gland appearance only.they explain me that is not a problem, it is normal variant only .They added , they go on its own or remain same.Not to worry.but still I have mental tension on it.
Can u help me in explain it
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload the picture

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query. It is good to be cautious.

It is impossible to diagnose a swelling without examination, so it will be better if you can upload the photos of it to provide you with more specific advice.

Even though without examination, I feel you need not to worry much about it as doctors who have examined you have not found anything suspicious.

Get back to us with picture, I'll be glad to help you out.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 44 minutes later
I can just feel the things upon touching it.Cant visible outside the skin.
Maxofacial by physical exam only, he explain me and not to do any test on it.I am attaching the picture of my lips area.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Encircle the site in picture, I haven't noticed anything suspicious in the uploaded pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have gone through picture. But I am not able to appreciate the swelling, kindly encircle the site and upload the pictures again.
From the pictures I don't see anything abnormal, so i think you should not worry, relax you are fine. But I would suggest you to maintain good oral hygiene.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina