Suggest remedy for spots on arms, legs and head

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been to the dermatologist several times at Kaiser where my Ins is, keeps diagnosing as folliculitis gives me Rx for cream clindamycin and mupirocin. the spots appear on arms, legs and in head happening for two years now. Most spots start out as just small spot, then blister and then scab and often leave a scar. This latest ocurance is only on head and has left two 1 and quarter inch bald spots. Very noticable I take gabapentin 600 mg for fibromyalgia twice a day ,lisinopril 20 mg for blood pressure and enbrel entercept sure click inj for ankylosis spondilitis I have been on all these three scripts for about ten years. The spots on my head are really concerning me. I also use hibicuside pink antiseptic cleansing soap from the pharmacy and head and shoulder shampoo clinical strength
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is a possibility for alopecia areata

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem as the description you are giving there is a strong possibility of Alopecia areata but you will need to send me pics for the same . Without looking at the lesion it will be difficult to comment . So please upload the pics and after that I will get back to you .

Dr. Shruti

Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 41 hours later
dear Dr. XXXXXXX
I mailed the pictures with your info from my son's cell phone XXXXXXX Baptiste I did put your name and info on the email.Have you received the picture?

Dr XXXXXXX Rijhwani, I paid the fee and now someone is asking my son to pay another fee for you to look at the picture you requested. again I sent it on my son's cell phone as I have none nor do I have cell service at my home. My sons email is YYYY@YYYY . since you are a rheumatoligist could this be caused because I have not been able to afford to get my Enbrel inj for a month.
Brief Answer:
Follows...

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

I am sorry I did not receive pictures that you sent. You can upload the picture using the site's uploader provided on this page. Alternatively, please mail it to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "Attn: Dr. Shruti".

I am positive that there won't be an additional fee required to upload / mail pictures. Please feel free to post images.

I dont think it's because of enbrel; but until and unless I see the lesion itself it will be difficult to comment .

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad