question-icon

Suggest remedy for split skin in between buttocks

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016
Question: I have a split in the skin between my buttocks about 1 inch down where the buttcrack begins. I have read that I should not use an antibiotic ointment on it. It is very gainful. Any suggestions?? I do have a picture of it.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You can use Antibiotic ointment.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I saw the pic.
You can use Antibiotic ointment.It is preferable to apply a sterile gauze after ointment . Apart from it, you should use analgesic tablet like Tab PARACETAMOL 650 mg Three times a day for the next 2-3 days

Nothing to worry.
It will come down.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.

Wish you good health.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon