Suggest remedy for severe joints pain and headaches when suffering from hypothyroidism

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I have hypothyroidism controlled with meds. For the past year or so I have been having a lot of different symptoms that I think are being cause by one condition. I think I need a specialist but not sure which one. Symptoms: Tired all the time, been anemic, have a B12 deficiency, frequent headaches at the has of my skull and forehead, fever blisters, hair loss, sore tongue at times, stomatitis inside mouth and in my esphogus, trouble swallowing at times and most recently severe pain in the joints of my fingers, shoulders knees, burning pain in the bottom of my feet with numbness and tingling also in my left arm and hand when my shoulder hurts. my physician is only treating the symptoms and I keep getting more symptoms and the other symptoms are getting worse.
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Check for associated auto immune disorders

Detailed Answer:
Good day,
Noted your concern and Sorry to hear about the multiple problems. As you are aware ,most cases of hypothyroidism are auto immune in nature and associated auto immune disorders can be there.

Anemia, Vitamin B 12 deficiency, hair loss and sore tongue all could be related. You should get a blood check up for Pernicious anemia, Vitamin D deficiency and Celiac disease.
You should also get an 8 AM serum cortisol test done.

These may give clues.

You may require a multi disciplinary approach ( a combined approach by physician and endocrinologist) to solve these issues.

Binu
Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist