Suggest remedy for severe abdominal and buttocks pain

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I HAVE SEVERE PAIN IN MY BOTTOCKS WHEN SITTING, NOT WHEN STABNDING OR LYING, THE PAIN IS SO BAD THAT I HAVE TO GRAB THE TABLE TO STAND UP AND IT TAKES A FEW SECONDS FOR ME TO STAND DUE TO THE PAIN, I ALSO HAVE SHARP ABDOMINAL PAIN THROUGH THE DAY AND UNUSUAL BOWEL HABITS WHICH RUN FRIOM EXTREME CONSTIPATION TO EXTREME DIARRHOEA, ALSO I AM SO TIRED ITS HARD TO GET UP IN THE MORNINGS
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
probably IBS; pain due to history of fall to be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.

I understand your concern.
First of all, from your gastrointestinal history of abdominal pain and altered bowel habits, it looks like a case of irritable bowel syndrome. You can do the following-

Relax and reduce any kind of tension.
You can take tablet Normaxin-RT twice daily for 15 days and see results.
If it does not reduce, get colonoscopy done to rule out other causes.

Now for the buttock pain, first we have to rule out any history of fall over buttocks. Then a proper clinical examination is very important by an orthopedician. X-rays may be required later. Also, blood tests for serum uric acid, complete hemogram, blood sugar etc needs to be done to rule out respective causes. For now, you can take tablet etoricoxib-thiocolcoside once daily after food with antacids. Also take multivitamin syrup for 1month and drink plenty of water.

You can consult your doctor for prescription of the above.

Hope this was helpful.
Consult me for any further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta