Suggest remedy for pneumonia and bronchitis in an infant

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can you please explain what this might be on my daughter's eye and hire to treat it. it hasn't gone away in over two months. she recently had pneumonia and bronchitis.
she is two and a half years old.
sometimes the bump will inflame and looks infected. your help is appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stye

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

Thank you for submitting images of your daughter's problem. She has a stye on the lower eyelid. This is caused by the glands in the eyelashes to become blocked and start an infection. The treatment is using warm compresses on the eye 6-10 times a day and the use of an antibiotic eye drop or ointment. You can go to any urgent care center and they will be able to prescribe the proper antibiotic. While waiting use the warm compresses to also help draw out the infection.

With treatment her eye should improve in a few days

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any further questions