Suggest remedy for low GFR value when suffering from kidney disease

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I am 53. Retired Naval Officer in stage 3 of Kidney disease. I have high Blood pressure and I am Type Diabetic. The VA Doctors never told me I was in stage 3 until I looked at the lab results. From 2008 to February 2015 I only decreased 1 point on my GFR. Two Month latter I drop from 56.3 to 48.3 and it seems not to concern the VA?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please, your doctors need to be doing something about this!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this low GFR value that you have reported. I am so surprised that you are being managed for a condition that you were never informed of. The rapid drop in GFR from 56-48 calls for a closer examination to identify the factor responsible for this an address. Chronic kidney disease can be aggravated by poorly managed diabetes, hypertension, anemia, etc. It would be imperative that you talk to your doctors and confront them on this so that they sit up and start practicing medicine that’s worth the standard of the 21st century.

In all, confront them on this and request a nephrologist consult for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 13 minutes later
Could the Diet Change be responsible for the GFR to drop that fast? I have all my labs here for 1.5 years. Could to much protein have driven my Creatinine up to 1.6?

Any question on my blood work please ask.

Also what effects have you heard of from anthrax vaccinations And the effects on others ordered to them?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you upload you results to me?

Detailed Answer:

It is possible to upload your results for a comprehensive review. For this, I will recommend that you send it to me.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I would get back to you as soon as i get these documents and review them. Do not be afraid as you can upload multiple pages for review. This way, your response would be highly personalized.

Thanks.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah