Suggest remedy for itchy red bump on back

Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Lump
Question: I have a bump on my back that has been there for several weeks. It is itchy and red.I have a red itchy bump on my back that has been there for several weeks it is not going away.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be insect bite.

Detailed Answer:

I have seen your attached image and reviewed the history. It seems to suggest an insect bite reaction. I would treat you with antihistamine like cetrizine 5 mg for 3 days once a day for itching along with calamine lotion (apply it over the lesion 3 times a day). Keep the area clean and dry. Wash with area with soap water. If they don't improve after 3 days then the condition and treatment needs revision. A physical examination will be indicated and the doctor may switch over to topical steroids and oral medications if needed.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad