Suggest remedy for irregular menstruation caused by hormonal changes

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: I am very regular when it comes to my period which was due October 8 I started spotting and have continued to spot/ light bleed which barely gets to a pad since Oct 1. No cramping or tender breast like normal. And I took a pregnancy test that was negative . My periods normally only last 4 days. And start out light 1 day heavy 1 day medium and then back to light .should I be concerned? This has never happened before . Also I am 35 I do not have insurance.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to hormonal changes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Menstrual irregularities can be due to so many causes like stress,anxiety, diet changes, weight,hormonal changes, fibroid,PCOD,infection, thyroid disorder.
In your case as your pregnancy test is negative and it is most likely due to mild hormonal changes.
If problem persists than you should consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and investigation done to rule out the cause.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.