Suggest remedy for hardness after getting the abscess lanced
Usually not the case- Ultrasound confirms
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/37 - visited Doctor, got the abscess lanced - a week ago - still feels hard underneath - wants to know whether it could be still there...
usually the abscess is a single cavity and on opening the whole cavity is drained, the Surgeon usually explored the cavity to see whether there is any septataions or loculations. Hence the chance of abscess still being there underneath is very meager and rare.
The hard feeling is usually due to induration of the surrounding tissues due to edema, a natural guarding phenomenon that develops to guard off the rest of the body.
This can be confirmed by high resolution ultrasound, raised WBC count, throbbing pain and so on.
I am hopeful that you are under the cover of an antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory medication.
I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lanced abscess
- After care for lanced abscess in groin
- Perianal abscess after drained , still hard
- Abscess still hard after drain
- Lancing abscess tooth
- Large lump after abscess lancing
- Abscess infection after lancing
- Skin around abscess still hard after drained
- Lancing an abscess in the mouth
- Smoking after having a abscess lanced in mouth