Suggest remedy for fatigue and ear pain when suffering from sinusitis and bronchitis

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I was diagnosed with acute sinusitis and acute bronchitis two days ago from the doctor. She prescribed amoxicillin (500mg-3xday) I have been taking it as prescribed as well as using an otc saline rinse, drinking plenty of fluids,resting, taking otc sinus medicine, and using two vaporizors. However, my fatigue and ear ache has gotten worse, my neck is stiff, body aches are worse, and my breathing worse. Should I go back to the doctor or just rest more?
Answered by Dr. Riyanka Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
medications to be continued for 10 to 14 days

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam,
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.

The medications given to you i.e; Amoxycillin 500mg to be taken thrice daily should be continued for 10 days - 14 days (entire course).

It has just been two days . The medications take time to work.
If the infection is viral in nature then it is self limiting so it shall take a week for you to recover.

Kindly do warm salt water gargling, steam inhalation.Take warm fluids like soups.

If the earache is getting worse, an analgesic like (Ibuprofen 200mg + Acetaminophen 500mg) combination twice a day shall be helpful , provided you are not on any other analgesic.

You can consult a doctor for Salbutamol nebulisation to relieve breathing problems.

If you are having severe breathing problem then consult your doctor again .
However, if it is only fatigue and bodyache then please take the above suggested measures and alot of rest . You shall be alright in a week.

Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
Dr.Riyanka

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Riyanka Chail