Suggest remedy for black discolouration on the finger tip

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My left ring finger turned black this morning, not the tip at all but extends into my hand and just on the front
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It seems to be loss of blood supply to the finger. Needs urgent care!!!

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you to my virtual clinic HCM!
I have carefully worked through your case, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns.

Probabilities:-
This may be the start of the Gangrene (Dry Gangrene) which is a disease of the peripheral organs and the areas which has only a single supply line for blood.

Risk factors:-
Diabetes mellitus.
Hypertension or hypotension.
Arteriosclerosis.

When there is the loss of blood supply to an organ or peripheral digits, the skin changes its color and turns bluish/black.

My Evaluation:-
It is a surgical emergency and needs prompt care and treatment.

Expert Care Final Suggestion:-
I preferably suggest you to go to the ER right away and get it examined by the Vascular Surgeon. I pray for the best of your health.

Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns or doubts. I will be more than happy to get back to you in no time. If satisfied here, please give a generous five star rating and don't forget to close the discussion.
For any disease you have, a timely follow-up after sometime regarding the treatment efficacy and to see any need to change the treatment options is very necessary. Keep a follow up some days after this visit session ends.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj