Suggest remedy for abdominal swelling and pain caused by chronic gastritis

Dr. Prashant

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I done upper GI endoscopy It shows chronic gastritis.I had taken 5days medication but not cured yet.My stomach is paining & swollen every night so pls suggest answer.
Answered by Dr. Prashant 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
When there is gastritis you need to take medication atleast 4-6 weeks

Detailed Answer:

you have been diagnosed as chronic gastritis ,for which you need to take medication for atleast 4 to 6 weeks ,because the fine erosions which has caused damage it will take time to heel .

So with the tablet your diet modification also is very important like avoiding spicy and oily food ,avoid smoking and alcohol consumption and regular exercise and proper sleep.

I dont know what medication you are taking anyway you can consider
TAB NEXPRO-L DAILY BEFORE BREAKFAST FOR 1 MONTH.
Dont worry you symptoms will reduce once you start doing above things,

Hope this information helps you
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Prashant 14 hours later
Sir,You have suggested to me Tab-Nexpro-L.Before medication suggested by doctor are Tab-DVN plus,Tab-O2,Tab-Panenflat ,Tab-Omez D, Syrup-Zymex.
My problem is chronic gastritis.So may I take only one tablet as ubsuggested or continue with all the all medications suggested by other doctor.Pls reply.
Thank u!
Answered by Dr. Prashant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
you just take the tablet which I prescribed thats more then enough

Detailed Answer:
No need of taking all the medication ,only tab nexpro-l is sufficient with that most important is diet modification which I already explained you
thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj