Suggest treatment for chronic gastritis

Posted on Fri, 6 Oct 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I have had 7 neuro endocrinal tumors removed from my stomach endoscopiacally, with no spreading. the largest one was 5.4. K167 was between 3-6%, and I have chronic gastritis aparently. I will be seeing my doctor for more info. I am feeling very healthy. I want to avoid them coming back, and wonder what I can do to influence this. And how serious my condition is. It feels symptomless now. I seem to be able to eat more types of food without discomfort, but perhas thats in my mind. What is the chance of what I have had becoming a problem in the future? Am I likely to be clear now that they have been removed: NETs are a bit difficult for a layman to understand, I have read a lot, but since I have no symptoms I am feeling happy and am presuming its all in the past, or do I need to be vigelant. I realise I have to have a gastrscopy from time to time. Thanks for your help
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A healthy lifestyle and diet can be very beneficial.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

The neuroendocrine tumors are rare tumors of neuroendocrine glands.
The symptoms may depend on where the tumor is growing and what kind it is.

Most neuroendocrine tumors grow slowly -- over years, not months -- compared with other types of tumors and often, it is possible to remove or shrink them with different treatments. Other therapies can make your symptoms better.

You mention that you actually feel symptomless. This is very good!

How a neuroendocrine tumor makes you feel depends on the type you have and where it is in your body.

Surgery is one of the most common treatments for many NETs. It can completely remove some tumors, especially those that aren't cancer and haven't spread.

Doctors can also use other kinds of surgery (like endoscopic tumorectomy in your case) for people who have many, small tumors.

About your question, I can say that the prognosis depends on the type of tumor you have, whether it's cancerous, and how much it has spread.

But don't worry! As I said, with the right treatment, doctors might be able to shrink the tumors or get rid of them completely.

In your case, if your doctor said that they removed all the neuroendocrine tumors from your stomach and there is no spread, then, in my opinion, you have a good prognosis.

However, the best thing to do is to discuss with your treating doctor about these, the test results and the follow-up conditions for a better supervision.

NETs can make it hard to stay at a healthy weight, so focus on eating the right types of foods to get enough nutrition.

- Avoid high-fat foods, sweets, and sugary drinks.
- Get extra protein from fish, eggs, cheese, and beans.
- If you feel sick to your stomach, try eating smaller meals more often, instead of three big ones.
- Ginger ale might help calm your stomach.

Hope this is helpful.

If you have other questions, feel free and ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Elona Xhardo 1 hour later
Thank you so much, this has made me feel so much better and relieved. all the best
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You're welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I'm glad i could help.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist