Suggest remedies for swollen and bruised leg post an injury
From the provided information it doesn't sound like it, picture pls?
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. From the given information, it sounds to me like there is no skeletal or major muscular injury which requires immediate medical attention.
The pain you are experiencing while using your blanket is due to a superficial injury, which means there is a bruise or something a little more elaborate than that. What you require in such circumstances are:
+Cleaning the region adequately with an antiseptic solution
+Using a sterile dressing over the region along with an antibiotic ointment to avoid infections
+Making sure you are covered by an anti-tetanus shot, if not then it would be best to get one
+Mild pain management medication to help you bare with the pain for a few days
If you do not mind attaching a clear image(s) of the region to our discussion, it would help me ascertain whether or not the region is infected and if you require antibiotic coverage (the only reason for which you would have to visit the ER or any doctor).
I look forward to hearing from you in order to better answer the question you asked.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ankle injury swollen bruised what is wrong
- Delayed bruising after injury to leg
- Post shin bruise injury
- Bruised tender leg injury football
- Leg injury swelling painful bruised worry
- Cheek injury swollen eye bruise
- Suggest treatment for paiful bruise caused after leg injury
- Big toe injury swollen bruised cuticle
- Bump on knee swollen looking bruised no known injury
- Swollen bruised ankles without injury