Suggest remedies for mild hepatomegaly with increased hepatic echogenicity
This sounds like what's called fatty liver syndrome.
For the most part it's treated with lowering cholesterol levels with both a low fat/low cholesterol diet and statin medications if lipid profile is high.
A low calorie diet--1200 calories a day--in addition to plenty of green leafy veggies and fruits, nuts, lean meats--will also help him to lose some weight which will also help the situation
He needs to see a gastroenterologist for further workup for this but it isn't too serious a problem.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is mild hepatomegaly in liver
- Mild hepatomegaly with heterogenous parenchymal
- What does #39mild hepatomegaly with increased echogenicity#39 mean
- Mild hepatomegaly with increased liver echotexture
- Mild hepatomegaly with fatty infiltration
- Mild hepatomegaly cholelithiasis
- Mild hepatomegaly with heterogeneous echogenicity unchange
- Mild hepatomegaly in children
- Mild hepatomegaly echotexture is coarse
- Mild hepatomegaly with inflamatory changes