Suggest remedies for itchy red bumps on the legs

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi, I have very itchy bumps on my legs. They are red, very itchy and seem to multiply overnight. They are not necessarily clustered. Cortizone cream helps for a short time.

This started a couple days ago. It seemed like mosquito bites at first.

I had thought of allergy but do not recall using or eating anything different over the past week. I already take an allergy pill and have been applying Cortizone 10 cream. Thanks for your thoughts. XXXXXX

Dr XXXXXXX Thank you for your help with my health problem. I have learned that I have chiggers on my legs. A local remedy is bleach which I have tried, with success. Thanks for your time. XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
5 days of steroid topical and antihistamin then go for a shot

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for writing back,
Allergen is sometimes not visible , its can be a new bed sheet a new carpet... even wind contaitining some allergen, some grass , any chemical added to water by authorities or any thing.

Use steroid cream for 5 days with anti histamin for 5 days as you already are doing. If doesnt get better in five days then in my opinion you will be needing a steroid shot to control it. In that case you will have to visit your doctor. Dont scratch the rash it might get infected and thats what you dont want.

Best regards.

Dr.Ahmad

Brief Answer:
Its a pleasure that you've found a cure.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Actually it didn't give any indication or possibility of bugs in the description provied, please always try to post some picture of skin disease for a consult that really helps. I am pleased that you eventually found a cure.

Stay blessed, wish you the very best of health.

Best Regards.

Dr.Ahmad.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj