Suggest remedies for high fever caused by UTI

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, I have had a fever 99.5 to 100.5 for the past two days. No ache's or pains. However, my urine output is very low and I need to go frequently. I have very slight stinging when I am passing urine.
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello! I have been through your question.

Regarding your concern, I think this may be an urinary tract infection or cystitis.

Usually cystitis symptoms include a strong, persistent urge to urinate, a burning sensation when urinating, passing frequent, small amounts of urine and low-grade fever, a feeling of pressure in the lower abdomen ( as you have).

Furthermore, I'd suggest to meet a physician, to do a physical examination, urine routine microscopy and culture ensitivity, abdominal ultrasound (to see the kidney,ureter and bladder specifically) and to start antibiotic as soon as possible(usually, in my patients, I'd prescribe Bactrim or Ciprofloxacin if not allergic).

During this time you should drink a lot of water ( to flush out the toxins from the bladder) and Paracetamol for fever.

I hope my answer helps you. Feel free to ask further.
I wish you a quick recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee