question-icon

Suggest remedies for excessive gas and constipation in a child

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016
Question: my daughter is really gassy and fussy , like rock hard stomach... tried drops and didn't work . help ???
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Give colicaid drops

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concerns but don't worry. You may give colicaid drops for relief. If the baby doesn't show any signs of improvement after colicaid drops and proper burping, then visit a pediatrician for proper clinical examination and definitive treatment.

Hopefully it will be of help. I would be happy to help you in any further questions.
Follow up: Dr. Archana Verma (3 hours later)
so I usually use XXXXXXX baby wash , I used baby magic and she broke out in a rash. doesn't have a fever and not acting like it bothers her. Should I bring her to ER or is monitoring it okay
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Most likely allergic rash

Detailed Answer:
Hi

The most likely reason for such rashes in babies especially after changing brands of skin products is newborn allergy to newer brand. Do not worry.
The only thing required at present is wait and watch. Hopefully it will subside in next 24 hours.
Also, avoid baby magic and use Johnson's or sebamed washes.
Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician