Suggest remedies for dyspepsia

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: what to do for inability to burp ?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
dyspepsia treatment

Detailed Answer:

feeling like you have to burp but you can't is usually caused by a syndrome caused dyspepsia. There is no confirmatory test for it. The doctor should exclude other potential causes before attributing any symptom to it.

Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy should be done to exclude various upper gastrointestinal causes like esophagitis, esophageal motility problems, peptic ulcer, etc. An upper abdominal ultrasound scan is necessary to exclude gallbladder disorders. If none of the above provides clues to the diagnosis then we can call this syndrome dyspepsia and treat it with proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole, esomeprazole, pantoprazole, rabeprazole, etc.

The most common dosage for omeprazole is 20mg once per day. Be sure to discuss this with your doctor first.

I hope it helps!
Kind Regards!