Suggest remedies for difficulty in sleeping

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have trouble sleeping and take over the counter sleep aids. When I woke yesterday I noticed pain n my left temple and thought I must have bumped my head when I was half asleep. Today I have the same kind of poain on both sides in basically the same are on my right temple and my left and have a headache. Kindof weird. Haven't experienced this before. Do you think I should be concerned or give it a couple of days?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If at all you bumped your head, I'd suggest waiting for a few days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

If you are sure that you bumped your head, I think you should give it a couple of days in order for the headaches to pass.

Aleve should be of help in such case.

If you are unsure about bumping the head, in my opinion, other conditions that may cause headaches should be considered.

These conditions may be high blood pressure, a viral infection, sinusitis, low blood sugar, etc.

In the second scenario, an evaluation by your primary care Doctor is necessary.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 11 minutes later
Thanks for getting back with me. I initially thought that I must have bumped my head but when getting up this morning and feeling the sore area on my right temple in the same basic area as the left, it didn't make sense. It actually isn't so much the headache as I am used to headaches occasionally, it is the areas of tenderness that I feel on my temple on both sides. When I touch the areas it is the same feeling you have when you have hit your head on something. I find it strange that I feel it on my left side one day and on my right the next. I do not have a primary care physician at this time. I guess I'll ride it out and see what happens.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your condition seems to wait.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Me too think that your situation can wait, a viral infection may cause such tenderness in different parts of the body including temples.

However, if you don't see any improvement in a few days, please get a medical examination.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Thank you much. Have a good day
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Glad I helped you.

Regards.