Suggest remedies for diaper rash

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: hi,
my lil one is 37 days old and had developled diaper rash du to loosies., though the count of loosies have gone down, she still poops a lil (stains the nappy) at every cry, cough, sneeze or excitement....
attaching her prescription
we are applying destitin XXXXXXX relief paste on d rashes..since yesterday and have been advised to speay water and dab that area clean.

My question is she is still pooping (literally the whole time she is awake) , thought her bums coated with distitine, but she poops as soon as we apply and have to clean , which also cleans the paste , and then wash again and appluad gel n its cycle. I fear she will catch cold with all water spraying...is there way out , should i clean her poop stains all.the time even if their is liberal layer of cream?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Zinc supplements will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Since she is doing poop too frequently she may need some zinc supplements to help decrease the loose motions. You can give a gap of at least 30 minutes before cleaning her again. when there is plenty of distitine already on her bums then you can clean the area using a dry wipe only and apply a fresh coat of cream again. Do get proper zinc supplements prescribed for her from her pediatrician.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
thankyou so much doctor.... the poop is more like just a lil smudge on the nappy.... the weather is cold.and spraying water n dabbing the poop away and wet pee cloth diapers is already giving her cold...
can i put the zinc oxide cream (destitin) liberally on her bum, and use a diaper pad (instead of cloth nappy) so that we can put warm clothing one her? atleast for the night...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can do that.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing in again.

You can use a diaper pad for night. She will feel dry and the rashes will gradually heal.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee