Are red rashes on the abdominal and genital area indicative of diaper rashes?

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question
Hi Doctor,
My daughter is approx. 1 year old. She has developed some red rashes today evening and she is trying to scratch it over the clothes.
1. Is it because of diaper? Previously we used to keep her without diaper for 3-4 hours in a day but, now due to winters, we are not keeping her without diaper.
2. We have applied mustard oil on the rashes. Please suggest the cause and remedy for this. Thanks.

XXXX

Forgot to mention that rashes are developed on stomach as well. Pics attached. Please check and suggest. Thanks.

XXXX
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like diaper rashes

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
I have seen the attached images also and to me it appears to be diaper rashes because apart from the genital area it is there in lower abdomen also.
I would suggest you to apply some zinc oxide cream like Rashfree or Happynap. You can give cetrizine syrup an antiallergic for itching. The dose for this age is 2.5 ml once or twice a day. Please get it prescribed by a pediatrician.
Don't apply mustard oil as this may further aggravate the rashes.
Observe the rashes for 48 hours and check the response to the cream. Other less common cause can be fungal/candida infection.
If rashes are not improving with cream even after 48 hours or increasing rapidly please consult your pediatrician immediately.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.