Are red rashes on the abdominal and genital area indicative of diaper rashes?
My daughter is approx. 1 year old. She has developed some red rashes today evening and she is trying to scratch it over the clothes.
1. Is it because of diaper? Previously we used to keep her without diaper for 3-4 hours in a day but, now due to winters, we are not keeping her without diaper.
2. We have applied mustard oil on the rashes. Please suggest the cause and remedy for this. Thanks.
Forgot to mention that rashes are developed on stomach as well. Pics attached. Please check and suggest. Thanks.
Looks like diaper rashes
Thanks for asking on this platform
I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
I have seen the attached images also and to me it appears to be diaper rashes because apart from the genital area it is there in lower abdomen also.
I would suggest you to apply some zinc oxide cream like Rashfree or Happynap. You can give cetrizine syrup an antiallergic for itching. The dose for this age is 2.5 ml once or twice a day. Please get it prescribed by a pediatrician.
Don't apply mustard oil as this may further aggravate the rashes.
Observe the rashes for 48 hours and check the response to the cream. Other less common cause can be fungal/candida infection.
If rashes are not improving with cream even after 48 hours or increasing rapidly please consult your pediatrician immediately.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Genital herpes rash on stomach
- Red dot rash on toddler genitals
- Toddler has rash in genitals
- Red rashes on genitals for both man and wife treatment
- 3 red circle rash genital
- Red spotty rash on toddler genitals fever
- Genital rash from hydrocodone
- Cure for genital rashes
- Toddler has red rash around genital area
- Have red blotchy rash on genitals what could it be