Suggest Remedies For Cough And Cold
symptomatic approach is necessary before general treatment
Thanks for contacting with your health concern and after reviewing your case and medical history I'm of the following opinion:
1. Since you were a chronic smoker and problem of cough remains throughout the year, check with a chest specialist to exclude chronic bronchitis
2. As there is fluctuation in your blood pressure measurements were you prescribed any medicine for that?
3. As your weight is more than your Age it could be the reason for your breathing trouble/ snoring.
4. although blood mixed sputum isn't always a sign of serious problem BUT since you were a smoker see your health care doctor who may check whether you have any underlying medical condition which needs to be investigated and treated.
5. Please check with your GP to exclude any underlying health condition, till then:
i. Avoid: deep-fried food, sour fruits, protect neck area while riding a bike, traveling in bus/car with open window panes, cold water, rice and milk at night. ii.
ii. Take: lukewarm water with honey for gargles, moong/arhar dal, mulethi, laung, old brown rice, chapatti with no oil, papaya, black grapes. 4. Prescription medicines for you are kas amrit syrup, sitopladi churan, tankan bhasm, khadiradi vati.
iii. Steam Inhalation
iv. Cover your mouth while coughing (using hand or handkerchief) to prevent spreading of infection to family members.
v. you may start with Tablet Septilin: 1 tablet thrice daily along with kadiradi vati as lozenges and ginger tea at bedtime and tablet styplon: 1 tablet twice daily [ to arrest bleeding]
PS. If not controlled in 3 days check with a doctor for any investigations required.
Dr. Munish Sood
direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood