What causes swollen feet while on Keppra and water pills?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Cancer
Question: Wife has swollen feet up to knees; md prescribed water pills for 2 weeks after visual exam which found nothing unusual. She has night time seizure disorder manifesting about one GM/month; under Kepra 2500/day for last 8 years and stable.
Recent large GM seems to be origin of swelling, nighttime hvy breathing, pulse at 95 when normal is 75, snoring, but no diagnosis of apnea; heart sounds normal, CT brain scan normal and md said probably no heart problem, but an EEG a good idea.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keppra use

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

You prescribed all the symptoms that your waife has and all the exams that she have

If her exams are normal did she have blood exams done for the probability of electrolytes disorders due too water pills and keppra use;

Sometimes disorders of potassium,calcium,magnesium,natrium can cause different symptoms some of those you prescribed for your wife

Feel free to ask further

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T