Suggest remedies for constant pain and stiffness in hands

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello - I have fairly constant pain and stiffness in my hands. Is there a topical creme or remedy that can help relieve this? Is there anything else that can help? I have tried aspirin, ibuprofin (sp?), Excedrin, etc., but this helps very little. Thank you for your help.
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think you may have seronegative arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I have studied your case and I think you are having sero negative negative arthritis. In this case there is joint pain and morning stiffness in joint but blood tests are normal. I have following suggestions for you.
1.There is not much role of topical agents still I would suggest you to apply volitran ointment.
2.Tablet HCQ 200 mg twice daily.
3.Tablet saazo 500 mg twice daily.
Take these medicines for two months and then you will feel better.
I hope these steps will be helpful for you.Let me know if you have any other follow up questions.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar