Suggest remedies for a canker sore in the mouth

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hello a few days ago i got a very painful canker sore in my mouth on right cheek and underneath my right side jaw area was in pain sorenes and achey when trying to movie and then my right eye started to feel weird. the top where my eyebrow is started to have a shooting pain what could this all be ?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neuralgia

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
The canker sore is unrelated to the shooting pain at eye brow.
The pain at eye brow is neuralgia.
This could however be a sign of impending herpes zoster, the lesions may appear later.
In case you still have the pain, treatment recommendations would be Pregabalin initially.
If the pain worsens treatment would be Carbamazepine.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.