• question-icon

Suggest natural ways to lower BP

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,,,NOT OVER 175,,,WITH OUT OF DRUGS ,,HOW CAN I GER IT LOWERED NATURAL.......
Answered by Dr. Meriton Siqeca 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some blood pressure-lowering medication

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for your question and welcome to HCM. I understand your query.

Madame, this is an international site, and doctors today work with internationally accepted and applied guidelines, that apply to the population worldwide. A systolic blood pressure of 175 mmHg is the same for the population of the world, therefore I will provide you my services.

Blood pressure is a fluctuant parameter of the organism, which is particularely sensitive to physical activity, psychological stress and caffeine-containing beverages. As your legs were swollen by the drug you used, I assume that you used calcium channel blockers (one from the "dipins"). Therefore, I would suggest you to be put on a double therapy with a beta-blocker (atenolol or metoprolol, which, besides lowering the blood pressure, also decrease the heart rate, which helps decreasing the heart workload) and a angiotensinogen converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE-I: the "prils"). This combination will probably achieve the aim of keeping the blood pressure under 140/90 mmHg.

I hope I have been of help. I am happy to help, if you have follow-up questions.

Best regards,
Dr. Meriton
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Meriton Siqeca

Cardiologist