Suggest natural remedy for insomnia
Tips for sleep improvement listed below.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
I have listed below some measures for naturally improving one's sleep. Please try these and see if it helps you or not.
1) Avoid napping during the day. It can disturb the normal pattern of sleep and wakefulness.
2) Try to maintain a regular sleep/wake schedule. It is particularly important to get up at about the same time every day.
3) Avoid stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol too close to bedtime. While alcohol is well known to speed the onset of sleep, it disrupts sleep in the second half of night as the body begins to metabolize the alcohol, causing arousal.
4) Exercise can promote good sleep. Vigorous exercise should be taken in the morning or late afternoon. A relaxing exercise, like yoga, can be done before bed to help initiate a restful night's sleep.
5) Food can be disruptive right before sleep. Stay away from large meals close to bedtime.
6) Ensure adequate exposure to natural light. Light exposure helps maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle.
7) Establish a regular relaxing bedtime routine. Try to avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before trying to go to sleep. Don't bring your problems to bed. Performing progressive muscular relaxation exercise before bedtime also helps relax the body and promotes good sleep.
8) Associate your bed with sleep. It's not a good idea to use your bed to watch TV or read.
9) Avoid exposure to annoying noises, bright lights, or temperature extremes while in bed.
10) Please keep in mind that you lose more sleep when you start worrying about not being able to sleep.
11) Last but not the least, many times insomnia is a symptom of underlying mental or physical disorders or just stress. Unless these problems are treated, it will be difficult to get good sleep.
I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask in case you need any clarifications.
Dr Preeti Parakh
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural herb for insomnia
- What is the remedy for insomnia
- How to cure insomnia naturally
- Suggest medication for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for insomnia
- Anxiety insomnia natural remedies
- Suggest treatment for chronic insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and depression
- What is the remedy for insomnia and bipolar