Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suggest medicine to increase weight for children

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
Dear sir
I have a baby (girl) of two years old .Her weight is 10 kg.but Her height is not increasing. so please suggest a medicine to increase her height.

Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 11 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Though you have mentioned the weight of your daughter you have not mentioned her height at present. I shall appreciate if you can provide the following information so that a proper judgement can be given:
1. Birth weight.
2. Birth height.
3. Weight and height at various ages.
4. Gestational age at birth.

Height of a child depends on the following factors:
1. Genetic.
2. Nutritional.
3. Hormonal.
4. Environmental.
There is no medicine to increase the height. However improved nutrition has shown to improved height. I suggest that you ensure that your daughter gets a well balanced nutritious diet.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing your daughter all the best.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest medicine to increase weight for children 1 hour later
Dear sir
Thanks for answer
Answer of your questions are given below:
1. Birth weight:2Kg
2. Birth height.1feet(Approximate)
3. Weight and height at various ages.At 1 year 1.5 feet,at 2years 2feet 4inch(This is approximate not actual)
4. Gestational age at birth.
First day of LMP is 24 may 2010 so the , EDD from the LMP is 4 march 2011
The baby date of birth is 4 feb 2011

Please suggest me good nitration which is help to increase height & easily available in the market.Also suggest diet & time period of neutration to be given.
If any query also call me on my cell any time +0000

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Given the parameters your daughter is growing within the normal range and no extra nutrition needs to be given to her. I will suggest that instead of having approximate parameters record the weight and height at 3-4 monthly intervals and plot them on standard growth graphs to see her growth.

As I mentioned earler giving a well balanced and nutritious diet is more important then to give propritory medicines/supplements. If you are very keen to give supplements then you can discuss with your doctor and start them as a number of them are available.

It was kind of you to provide your contact details but as a policy we do not call. Rather we use this platform to try to solve your issues within limitations.

I hope I have answered your query.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor