Suggest alternate baby food for an infant
Suggetions on complimentary feeding
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
Your kid's birth weight and current weight are absolutely superb. My congratulations for it.
PLEASE GIVE EXCLUSIVE BREAST FEEDING TILL THE BABY IS 6 MONTHS OF AGE.
DO NOT GIVE EVEN WATER TILL THEN.
YOU SHOULD START COMPLIMENTARY FEEDING ONLY AFTER THE BABY IS 6 MONTHS OLD.
At 6 months age you can start giving Cerelac stage one rice or Nestum rice stage 1 etc. All are same in calories and energy. Only thing is palatability which is subjective for each kid.
Other home-made food options will be -
1. Daal and rice well cooked and made into a porridge along with ghee
2. Boiled apple or banana and mashed into a paste.
3. Any made cereal porridge preparation with additional ghee added.
Remember certain principles like -
1. Add one food material / cereal or fruit per week. This will be useful because if he develops vomiting or diarrhoea, we will know what to avoid.
2. Add vegetables and fruits made into a paste surely to avoid constipation.
3. Do not add too much sugar as it may cause diarrhoea.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?