Suggest medication for scabies infection

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Dec 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: meds for scabies?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Permethrin lotion, ivermectin tablet & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
Permethrin 5 percent lotion is most effective in the treatment of scabies.
It has to be applied on the entire body neck downwards, kept for 8-9 hours and then washed off in the morning.
The same treatment is repeated after a week.
Besides this tablet ivermectin 200 micrograms per kilogram body weight taken once and then repeated after a week gives good results.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Also take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T