Suggest medication for nasal congestion, cough and post nasal drip
Answer given below
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
If you are getting relief with Nexium, that indicates the symptoms are likely to be due to GERD.
You can take Nexium for 4-8 weeks. But medications alone are not enough. Certain lifestyle changes are also important to complete relief.
1. Weight reduction if obese
2. Avoid coffee, citrus, chocolates, fatty food, carbonated beverages, peppermint, onion
3. Avoid larger meals. Eat multiple smaller meals instead
4. Avoid smoking and alcohol ( if you have these habits)
5. Go to bed at least 2-3 hours after food.
I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if you have any more question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post nasal drip and cough in infants
- Post nasal drip cough amoxicillin
- Post nasal drip and burping
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drip
- Post nasal drip flutter
- Post nasal drip cough treatment
- Suggest treatment for cough due to a post nasal drip
- Post nasal drip cough
- Post nasal drip in newborn
- Post nasal drip and hyperthyroidism