Suggest medication for cold and nasal blockage

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Sir.. Last year I had undergone sinus surgery. Before surgery when it was severe, as per my doctors prescription I use to take Montec LC along with other tablet, when it was severe cold and nasal block. After surgery for one year it was ok. Now for a couple of months again I am in suffer if basal block and cold. Can u plz suggest tab along with Montec LC which doc given earlier?
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try the following treatment.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Tablet Montek LC should be enough to control the cold.

2. For the nasal blockage, use OTC Nasal decongestant drops ( 0.1 % Xylometazoline ) for a few days twice a day. Do not use these drops for more than two weeks. Start regular steam inhalation and hypertonic nasal saline washes (Nasowash, Physiomer).

3. Depending upon the symptoms and persisting cold and nasal block, other medication such as antibiotics (Augmentin), anti inflammatory (Disperzyme), mucolytics, nasal steroid sprays can be started under the supervision of a doctor.

4. If a CT Scan was done before surgery, upload some images, operative notes and if this problem persists, latest CT Scan images for comparison.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj