Suggest medication for chronic fatigue syndrome

Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome. Is there any medication for this illess?
I was diagnosed in 1989. Please help me. Thank you. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
No new treatment

Detailed Answer:
I read your question and I understand the frustration you must feel in front of this condition.

Unfortunately in terms of medication to cure this condition there aren't any major advances, there isn't any available. In some patients over the counter pain killers are used for patients with muscle pain or antidepressants, but those are not curative.

Other than that management is only by psychotherapy in the form of cognitive behavioral therapy and graded exercise.

I am sorry if I couldn't be of more help. I remain at your disposal for other questions.