Suggest medication for NASH
Firstly thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
As per your query most likely his symptoms are due to hepatic encephalopathy.Hepatic encephalopathy is a decline in brain function that occurs as a result of severe liver disease. In this condition, the liver cannot adequately remove toxins from the blood. This causes a buildup of toxins in the bloodstream, which can lead to brain damage.Loss of brain function occurs when the liver is unable to remove toxins from the blood. This problem may occur suddenly or develop slowly over time.An important job of the liver is to make toxic substances in the body harmless. These substances may be made by the body, such as ammonia. Or they may be substances that you take in, such as medicines.It may also occur as part of a chronic problem from liver disease that gets worse over time.When the liver is damaged, these "poisons" can build up in the bloodstream and affect the function of the nervous system. The result may be hepatic encephalopathy.
Lactulose is a synthetic sugar used to treat constipation. Lactulose is also used to reduce the amount of ammonia in the blood of patients with liver disease.
people with a chronic liver disorder are susceptible to future episodes of encephalopathy. Some require continuous treatment.
Rifaximin is a poorly absorbed antibiotic that is thought to reduce ammonia production by eliminating ammonia-producing colonic bacteria.
Discuss these options with your primary.
Whole grains are very beneficial to consume.These can be in the form of XXXXXXX whole wheat bread or cereal, brown rice, whole grain pasta,grains such as whole oats, wild rice, rye, oatmeal and corn are also beneficial and can be taken if suits your fooding pattern.
-Fruits and vegetables should be a significant part of any diet to help in recovering from a liver disease. They are full of essential nutrients and are easy to digest.When on recovery diet follow a high carbohydrate diet,Fat contents of diet should be very low.However Olive oil, canola oil and flaxseed oil are all healthy fats that are recommended as part of a diet for patients.
-Healthy proteins in the form of low-fat milk and dairy products along with lean meats, beans, eggs and soy products can also be a part of a healthy liver diet.
Now lets move on to
Foods to Avoid
-Processed food items
-Avoid alcohol and smoking.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for cough and breathlessness
- Suggest medication for blood pressure
- Suggest medication for superficial thrombosis
- Suggest pain medication when on bp medications
- Have migraines antistimine medication suggest medications
- Suggest medication for cramps
- Suggest the medication for hair loss
- Suggest medication for skin rashes
- Suggest medication for angiomyolipoma
- Suggest medication for headache
- Suggest treatment for abdominal hernia
- What does my biopsy report indicate?
- How can chronic constipation be treated?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis and acid reflux
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for internal hemorrhoids
- What causes blood in stools while having diverticulitis?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
- Suggest treatment for GERD
- Suggest treatment for IBS